Work with me!
Do you have a book project in you? Not sure how the industry works? Should you self-publish or seek a traditional publisher? Over the past 20 years, I've done it all, from self-publishing to more than six million books sold. Let's schedule a call to help you get the clarity you need. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and availability.
Women + Mom’s Events
I am a frequent speaker at MOPS and MOMS NEXT meetings. Topics change to align with their annual theme; however, recent talks include:
- I Promise You Love: At the heart of love are relationships. At the heart of relationships is trust. At the heart of trust are promises made and kept. In this message inspired by one of her newest picture books, I Promise You, Marianne illustrates how God's promises to us can, in turn, model the promises we can — and can't make — to our own kids and families to foster connection and encourage our legacy of love.
- "Finding your Brave" in Motherhood: How can we show up as our bravest selves as mothers while encouraging our little ones to do the same? Marianne will share her the inspiration behind Be Brave Little One, a book that honors and celebrates the power of courage in everyone, affirming how bravery can show up in all different ways — from the big out-loud decisions to the small, quiet choices — that encourage us to become our bravest, brightest selves.
Educator Conferences and Professional Development
I have done both keynote talks and creative breakout workshops. Recent topics include:
- Hooray for You: Celebrating You-ness, Creativity and Social Emotional Learning: How can we encourage kids to honor their own uniqueness and potential while helping them practice acceptance, respect and empathy, too? Bestselling author and artist Marianne Richmond will share her author journey, the inspiration behind Hooray for You, a celebration of you-ness, and give teachers creative ideas for bringing the book’s themes to the heart of their students and classroom.
- Finding your B.R.A.V.E.: How can we show up as our bravest selves as teachers while encouraging our kids and parents to do the same? Bestselling author and artist Marianne Richmond will share her the inspiration behind Be Brave Little One, a book that honors and celebrates the power of courage in everyone, affirming how bravery can show up in all different ways — from the big out-loud decisions to the small, quiet choices — when fueled by the wisdom of the heart.
- Creative Project Ideas from Children’s Picture Books with Author and Artist Marianne Richmond: A 60-75 minute session jam-packed with ideas for how to use Marianne’s beloved picture books as a springboard for creative projects with even the littlest readers. Participants will hear the inspiration behind some of Marianne’s best-selling titles, see examples of some of her favorite projects and partake in a little bit of “craft time” themselves!
- Brave on the Page: We know good readers are more likely to be good writers, and yet we also know children of all ages feel daunted by the blank page! "I don't know where to start," they lament. Bestselling picture book writer Marianne Richmond, author of more than 70 titles and six million copies sold, will present "Brave on the Page," a sharing of ideas from her own work with aspiring writers on how to jumpstart self-expression — and have fun while doing it. Note to attendees -- get ready to do your own writing!
School Visits + Literacy Events
I have talked with thousands of kids and teachers about my books, creative process, how publishing works and the “art of self expression.” I have also spoken at education conferences and evening parent programs. Topics include:
- Finding Your B.R.A.V.E. — Courage is a choice, fueled by the wisdom of your heart. I speak to the kids about what it means to find their truly “listen to their heart” and combat fear ... and how bravery looks all sorts of ways, from the big out-loud decisions to the personal, quiet choices. Kids walk away with a tangible way to think about courage.
- Hooray for You, a celebration of you-ness— What is you-ness? “The grand sum of you that sets you apart, your body and brains plus your spirit and heart!” We talk about the important of celebrating individuality and diversity, curiosity over criticism and empathy over judgment.
- I Believe in You— “The job of growing up takes hard work, you know but each day is an adventure and each problem helps you grow!” We talk about the “inner assets” needed to succeed (truth telling, courage, kindness, etc.) as well as the “life team” every kid needs, i.e., parents, teachers, coaches, etc. Kids walk away knowing they have more support than they might have thought!
- STOP and Write! — The blank page is intimidating for even the most experienced writer! A teacher saying, “let's write!" often means panic for students. I share my personal how-to-get-started writing formula, simple enough for even the youngest child to remember. (S=Start with what you know T=Talk to people O=Open your Mind and P=Put it down on paper.
Projects and Partnerships
I have been fortunate to come alongside some amazing organizations to help further their mission through my books and creativity. View some of my favorites HERE.