Be a part of my new book trailer!
I'm releasing a new book this fall called I Promise You! The idea took root about a year ago during an idea meeting with my Chicago publisher, Sourcebooks. Heather, the marketing director, had just returned from a "pre-school summit" in New York City. "Parents want to create safe spaces for their kids," Heather relayed. "At home and at school." I pondered my own four children now in high school and college. I remembered them little and new and how I wanted to protect them from every hard thing. And how as they've grown, I realize what I can control and what I cannot. I can give them roots and wings as the saying goes, but I can't promise them an easy (or perfect or fair) journey. What I CAN promise, however, is my listening, presence, love and a forever home in my heart.
This is where you come in!
By "you," I mean moms, dads, grandparents, teachers, caregivers. I am creating a video trailer to celebrate my book's release — a montage of promises to our children, young or old. The promises can be serious, silly, big and small. They can address the major and the mundane, for example...
• I promise to hold your hand at the doctor's office.
• I promise you laughter.
• I promise to buy your favorite candy.
• I promise I will make mistakes.
• I promise to keep looking for answers.
• I promise to fight for LGBTQ rights.
• I promise to support your search to find your birth mom.
• I promise to always tell you the truth.
This is an EXAMPLE of what I am putting together!
And the specifics- WHAT I NEED FROM YOU (easy)!
• Submit a still photo and/or short video (think 5 seconds or less).
• The video and/or photo should feature you and your child.
• Tell me the promise that goes with your image/video.
• I will also ask that you sign a waiver allowing me to use your video for promotional purposes.
Deadline: E-mail your submission to me at email@example.com by August 15, 2020. (A link to a download is great, too, for larger files.)